What IS a "Mystery Quilt?"
Instructions for construction of a new quilt top are given out bit by bit, so our loyal "quilt detectives" won't have a clue to what they are making until the project is nearly complete. The suspense keeps them coming back for more!
Check out our 38 unique designs HERE!
The Story Behind
In order to be successful at making Mystery Quilts, here are a few Insider Tips that you may want to be aware of:
1) The larger the yardages are in the Supply List, the more of that fabric you will be seeing in the completed project. So, for example, if your yardages call for 5 yards of one fabric, and one yard each of four other fabrics, which fabric do you think you will be seeing the most of in the quilt at the end? Bingo! Of course you will see the 5-yard piece. So be sure to choose something that you LIKE for this fabric!
2) If the fabrics "play well together" when you choose them, your chances of them getting along well in the final quilt project are pretty good. This is providing that you have paid attention to the recommendations in the Supply List. So, if we use the "winter" theme as our example again, and you decide to use "autumn" colors, your end result may not look all that good.
3) And we can't emphasize enough that if the recommendations are for a certain theme, GO WITH THE RECOMMENDED THEME for the project. You can always go back and change the fabrics the next time you use the pattern, but for the first one, give it a try and go along with the only person who DOES know what your project will look like!
4) Mystery Quilt projects are highly addictive, because you can't wait to see how it turns out. Just sayin'!
5) If you REALLY don't like the results of the project, there are a number of charity groups that would be thrilled to have your quilt donated to them. So don't use "what if I don't like it?" as an excuse! Jump in there, and let's get started, shall we? :-)
MAKE A CONTRIBUTION!
Help Support Merry Mayhem's Mystery Quilts by making a small Contribution.
We Appreciate Your Support and your Loyalty!
All content on this page is ©2014 Merry May, Merry Mayhem, Double Trouble Studios & Schoolhouse Enterprises. All Rights Reserved under domestic and international laws.
Yes, we would earn a commission from anyone who clicks on the link below for the FatCow offer and follows through on it, but so far no one has done that, so it's OK. We just like the ads.